I am diagnosed with enlarged Spleen
Last week due to a swelling in my left abdomen which left me feeling uncomfortable, I went to the hospital and the doctor confirmed that I have enlarged spleen. What are the causes, symptoms and treatment?
The spleen is an organ located in the upper left quadrant of the abdomen just below the diaphragm and protected under the lower left ribs.
The spleen has a couple of important functions involving blood cells within the body.
1. It filters blood and removes old and damaged red blood cells, bacteria, and other particles as they pass through blood vessels within the spleen.
2. It produces lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell that produces antibodies and assists immune system.
What are the causes of an enlarged spleen?
1. Abnormal red blood cells: Since the spleen filters abnormal blood cells and removes them from the circulatory system, diseases that result in abnormal red cells will cause the spleen to enlarge such as Sickle cell disease
2. Viral and bacterial infection: The spleen is involved in making cells that fight infection and part of that response is to enlarge. This is commonly seen in viral infections such as AIDS and viral hepatitis.
3. Splenic vein pressure/blockage: Blood enters the spleen through the splenic artery and leaves through the splenic vein. If the pressure within the vein increases or if the splenic vein becomes blocked, blood cannot leave the spleen and it may swell. Congestive heart failure may cause both the liver and spleen to swell because of increased venous pressure.
4. Cancers: such as Leukamia
Treatment for an enlarged spleen is usually directed at the underlying medical condition that resulted in the splenomegaly. Depending on the underlying problem, treatments can be with antibiotics, chemotherapy or radiation. These treatments are for the underlying disease and may allow the spleen to reduce in size; however, in some cases, the spleen will remain enlarged.
On some occasion, the spleen may need to be removed surgically.
Suffering from weak erection
My erection is too weak to satisfy my wife and she complains alot about it. What is your advice please?
Weak erection could be defined as inability to keep an erection strong enough to continue sex during love-making. Some part of the body must be in good conditions to keep the erection such as nerves pulses in the brain, spinal column around the penis, fibrous tissue muscles and veins near the corpora of the penis must be also in good conditions to allow full erection to take place. The problem occurs when any of these activities are disturbed.
What are the causes of weak erection
The disruption of blood flow to the penis vein is a major cause of weakness of the penis during sexual intercourse. Although, there are other causes to the weakness in erection such as suffering from diabetes for a long period of time which must have damaged the nerve system.
1. cardiovascular disorder
2. prostate cancer operations
3. side effects of using hard drugs
4. multiple sclerosis
5. hormonal disorders
6. alcohol and drug abuse,
7. emotional problems such as depression, anxiety, fear or guilt, low self-esteem
8. old age
Who suffers from weakness in erection
1. Those involved highly in use of drugs and alcoholic,
2. Those suffering from trauma or surgery damage on the vein around the penis,
3. Those living in depression, stress and anxiety,
4. Those who smoke heavily with serious disorders such as High Blood Pressure, and
5. Those who are overweight, etc
How to cure weak erection
Frequent use of stimulants during sexual intercourse accounts for 35% of weakness of penis during love-making. As such, it is not advisable to always use drugs unless prescribed by a medical doctor.
Changes in lifestyle may reverse weak erection, such as:
1. Stop smoking
2. Loss of weight and exercises,
3. Reduces stress
4. Sleeping well
5. Medical check up to ascertain the cause of weak erection and constitute management.
when a leader speaks(Gambo Gujungu) we have to follow and of course that is what...
they deserve human treatment. they should should face the justice of the law
i have a feeling is true. the amnesty deal was brokered by Yar'adua with the hel...